Food For Emergency Survival
Wise Foods Company
· Wise Foods takes an innovative approach in providing dependable, simple and affordable Ready-Made Food Storage Meals.
· Their unique packaging adds value to our meals by protecting them better and making them easier to store and easier to prepare.
· Wise Company ready-made meals carry a shelf life of 25 years, with absolutely no rotation needed.
· Wise Foods simplifies the process of choosing the food storage package that best fits your needs.
Mayday Industries Food Bars
· We proudly offer Mayday Industries US Coast Guard Approved high calorie emergency food bars which provides a 3 day / 72 hour plus supply of perfectly balanced nutrition with a five (5) year shelf-life.
· Our Mayday emergency food bars contain no nut oils and are safe for anyone with nut allergies.
We also offer exceptional volume pricing with purchase order(s) welcomed. Please contact us for a formal quote!
New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina demonstrated how fragile our civilization can actually be when a serious disaster occurs. It was actually weeks before the people stranded there received assistance. Most of them were reduced to living in a stadium and scrambling around for any scraps of food they were able to find. This is certainly not the type of situation you would want your family to be in, and there is no reason why this should happen; building a pantry of emergency food is not difficult.
It is possible to gradually accumulate a supply of emergency food from the grocery store, and it would be a good idea to have some of your ‘regular’ food available regardless of what you use as your main supply. However, even commercially prepared canned food will only have a shelf life of perhaps two or three years, after which nutritional value will deteriorate rapidly. Grocery food is probably not the best choice for a long term emergency food supply.
Fortunately, there are several products that have been designed precisely to be nutritious, safe, and appealing for long term storage. These foods have been prepared by freeze drying and dehydration and are available in a variety of menus. Although it is possible to purchase a year’s supply or more, you can also acquire these a bucket or two at a time. These emergency meals, such as those prepared by Wise Foods, have a shelf life of 25 years as long as you store them properly.
In order to assure the quality and nutrition of your emergency food, it should be stored at 50 to 55 degrees F. A basement or root cellar would be a good place for storage as the temperature in those places generally is stable year round. The buckets should be kept away from the exterior walls, however, as fluctuations in temperature can occur there and can cause condensation in the sealed pouches. If rodents are a serious problem where you live, consider keeping the food in metal storage containers or new galvanized garbage cans.
Another option for emergency food is Mayday Emergency Bars. While these are not what you would want for a long term food supply, they are excellent for short term use, and also for carrying in backpacks when going into the backwoods. These bars also make a perfect emergency food for the car as they can withstand a wide range of temperatures, from -22 up to +149 F, so they will be there if you need them. Mayday bars have a shelf life of 5 years.